skip to content


A staff member's gender (until 2018) will determine the age at which he or she becomes entitled to a state pension. In relation to gender reassignment, the member of staff will need to obtain a Gender Recognition Certificate or modified Birth Certificate if she or he wishes to claim pension rights according to their chosen gender. If the member of staff does not provide either of these documents, their state pension rights will follow the rules related to the gender stated on the original Birth Certificate.

Queries related to pensions should be directed to the University's Pension Office.